President Jokowi visits Police Academy in Semarang
President Jokowi visits Police Academy in Semarang 22 minutes ago | 105 Views President Joko Widodo. (ANTARA FOTO/Rosa Panggabean) Semarang, Central Java (ANTARA News) - President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) visited the campus of the Police Academy in Semarang, Monday, to offer directives to students.
The visit was Jokowi's first agenda while on a working visit to Central Java, Bey Machmudin, spokesman of the president, revealed.
Jokowi said a huge global change has taken place in the field of information technology.
"We all know that nearly every country speaks about robotics, not the internet, but artificial intelligence. We have t o follow this change in detail," he noted.
To adapt to the change, everyone has to be innovative and not become trapped in a monotonous routine, he added.
While in Semarang, he was also scheduled to distribute Smart Indonesian Cards and Family of Hope Program cards as well as land certificates to the public in the Simpang Lima area, Semarang City.
Jokowi arrived in Semarang at midnight after paying a work visit to East Java Province.
While in Sumenep, Madura Island, East Java Province, on Sunday, he requested that the runway of Trunojoyo Airport be extended again to accommodate large-bodied aircraft.
"It must be extended again in order to facilitate large aircraft," Jokowi remarked.
He instructed the transportation minister to extend the airports runway, so that the Trunojoyo Airport could be used by large-bodied aircraft.
The president issued the instruction since Madura Island, with a population of four million, has economic potential, a nd its people frequently travel to various destinations.
According to Machmudin, Jokowi lauded the Ministry of Transportation for extending the runway of Trunojoyo Airport from 1,100 to 1,600 meters due to which ATR-class commercial aircraft have been able to land since last week.
- President Jokowi visits Police Academy in Semarang 22 minutes ago
- VP Kalla to inaugurate Europalia 2017 1 hour ago
- China leads in number of foreign tourists visiting Bali 4 hours ago
- President orders extension of Trunojoyo Airport runway 17 hours ago
- Construction of Jakarta-Surabaya train starts in 2018 17 hours ago
- Social minister wants women to be icons of peace 17 hours ago
- Soekarno-Hatta among top 10 internationally connected airports 17 hours ago
- Langkat police arrest man carrying 18 kg of marijuana 7th October 2017