Police arrest two more suspects over arson attack on schools
Police arrest two more suspects over arson attack on schools just now | 2 Views Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The police have arrested two more suspects over the arson attacks in seven elementary schools in Central Kalimantan.
"Two more suspects have been arrested in the schools arson attack case," a spokesman of the Indonesian Police Senior Commissioner Martinus Sitompul said here on Tuesday.
The two suspects, identified by their initials ET and H, played their roles as executors of the attack.
"The suspects had a very close link with the other suspects in the arson attack case," he stated, adding that the arrest has brought the number of suspects in the case to 11.
The arrested suspects included a legislator of Central Kalimantan Yansen Binti, who was the mastermind behind the attack. The attack resulted in the destruction of seven schools in Palangkaraya, capital of Central Kalimantan province, in July.
The suspects were Ahmad Ghozali alias Nora, Suryansyah, Indra Gunawan, Yosef Dadu, Sayuti, Fahri alias Ogut, Stephano alias Agit, Yosef Duya, ET, and H.
Yansens motive was to seek attention from Central Kalimantan Governor Sugianto Sabran regarding some procurement project.
If found guilty, Yansen could face up to 15 years in prison, while the arsonists face 12 years behind bars.(*)
- Indonesia does not recognize Catalonian independence: Kalla just now
- TNI to reject Sukhoi SU-35s unless they meet specifications 1 minute ago
- Indonesian Air Force to deploy squadron of fighter jets in Biak 8 hours ago
- Anti-terror squad in pursuit of two alleged terrorists in Bima 11 hours ago
- Jakarta governor to crack down on prostitution 31st Octobe r 2017
- Russia to invest in Sukhoi jet fighter maintenance industry 30th October 2017
- Mt agung evacuees return home 30th October 2017
- Security tensions not to affect tourism in Timika 30th October 2017