More than 1.5 million titles and 2,600 events at Sharjah International Book Fair 2017
More than 1.5 million titles and 2,600 events at Sharjah International Book Fair 2017 10 minutes ago | 68 Views General picture from Sharjah International Book Fair 2016 (Archived) (Antara/BUSINESS WIRE) Theme of 36th edition of worldâs third largest book fair is âA World Inside My Bookâ
SHARJAH, United Arab Emirates--(Antara/BUSINESS WIRE)-- More than 1.5 million titles and 1,650 publishing houses from 60 countries will be taking part at the 36th edition of Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF), which takes place from November 1-11. H eld in Sharjah - the third largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) - the theme of this yearâs 11-day celebration of literature, knowledge and culture is: âA World inside My Book.â
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171005005780/en/
Being organised by the Sharjah Book Authority, this yearâs edition of the worldâs third largest book fair will spread across 14,625 square metres and feature 393 guests from 48 countries who will take part in more than 2,600 events. An ever-expanding event, South Korea, Bangladesh and Denmark will be participating at the fair for the first time.
SIBF 2017âs calendar of events spans across several programmes, including the Cultural Programme, the Cultural CafÃ©, the Intellectual Programme and the Cookery Corner. The most extensive of the programmes on offer at this yearâs edition is the Kidsâ Programme, which will see 1,632 activities presented by 44 guests from 20 countries. SIBF will also host the Social Media Station, which will have 33 activities and workshops involving a galaxy of social media influencers who will be addressing topical cultural, media and social issues.
The Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) has also announced that the United Kingdom (UK) will be the âCountry of Honourâ, as part of âUK/UAE 2017,â a year of bilateral cultural exchange between the two countries organised by the British Council.
For the first time ever, SIBF is allocating a special pavilion titled âThe Future Zoneâ that will bring together 10 leading companies specialised in digital books to showcase their experiences and latest publications.
A centerpiece of SIBF 2017 is the fourth edition of the SIBF/ALA Conference. Organised annually by SBA in partnership with the American Library Association (ALA), the event is the only ALA Conference to be held outside the United States.
View source version on businesswire.com: h ttp://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171005005780/en/
National Network Communications (NNC)
Fadia Daouk, Mob: +971 52 617 2111
Source: Sharjah International Book Fair
- More than 1.5 million titles and 2,600 events at Sharjah International Book Fair 2017 10 minutes ago
- Launch of Japan's first microgrid system with a total of 117 homes 1 hour ago
- NTT Communications' SDx technologies to be adopted by McLaren-Honda for 2017 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix 23 hours ago
- Industrial reconditioning plan at Termini Imerese: launching an auction on production lines by Troostwijk 3rd October 2017
- China Yiwu International Commodities Fair: tailored for SMEs 2nd October 2017
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation adds new three-phase brushless fan motor controller IC allowing easy switching to multipolar moto r 29th September 2017
- Calvin Klein, Inc. announces the opening of multi-brand lifestyle stores in Shanghai and DÃ¼sseldorf 29th September 2017
- WAKUWAKU JAPAN: "Catch Your Dream!-Study in Japan-" 29th September 2017