Jakarta police seize 83.1 kg methamphetamine smuggled from Taiwan
Jakarta police seize 83.1 kg methamphetamine smuggled from Taiwan 12 minutes ago | 87 Views Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The Jakarta Metro Jaya Police on Friday raided a shop located in the Gebang Raya area in Periuk Sub-district, Tangerang City, Banten Province, and seized 83.1 kilograms (kg) of crystal methamphetamine.
A 45-year-old man, identified by his initial as L, was arrested during the raid, Adjunct Senior Commissioner Donny Alexander, the head of sub-directorate II in charge of narcotics of the Jakarta Metro Jaya Police, revealed here, Saturday.
The methamphetamine had been smuggled into Indonesia from Taiwan for an individual identified by his initial as A, he noted.
The illicit drugs were concealed in two forklift vehicles in Periuk Sub-district, Tangerang.
"We are investigating the case to u ncover the drug network," Director of Narcotics Investigation of the Jakarta Metro Jaya Police Senior Commissioner Suwondo Nainggolan remarked.(*)
- Jakarta police seize 83.1 kg methamphetamine smuggled from Taiwan 12 minutes ago
- President Jokowi calls on youth to work in agriculture sector 15 minutes ago
- One dead, one injured in landslide in Purworejo, Central Java 18 minutes ago
- Surabaya mayor to speak at UN forum 4 hours ago
- Fukuda praises infrastructure development progress under Jokowi 11 hours ago
- Police question seven witnesses in fatal fireworks explosion 22 hours ago
- Bodies of seven Indonesian migrant workers repatriated: FM 22 hours ago
- Government urged to increase compensation to power subscribers 22 hours ago