Asian Games 2018 to have 40 sports
Asian Games 2018 to have 40 sports 20 minutes ago | 89 Views Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Chief of the organizing committee of the 2018 Asian Games (INASGOC), Erick Thohir said that the 2018 Asian Games will hold 40 sports, and the number of sports cannot be changed anymore.
"The number of sports is 40, with 462 events," Tohir said at the Vice Presidential office here on Wednesday.
Vice President Jusuf Kalla is concurrently the chief of the Asian Games 2018s steering committee.
Previously, the Youth and Sports Minister, Imam Nahrawi, stated that Indonesia has an opportunity to renegotiate the number of sports events that will be held in the Asian Games.
On Monday (Oct 9), Nahrawi sent a letter to the President of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), Sheikh Fahad Al-Sabah, on the addition of 11 more games in three sports, namely archery, rock climbing, and taekwondo.
In archery, Indonesia requested for an addition of mens compound matches, female compounds, and compound mixes.
In rock climbing, Indonesia requested for four more events, namely mens speed world, womens speed world, mens speed classic, and womens speed classic.
Finally, Indonesia called for four additional events in taekwondo, namely mens kyorugi 54 kilograms, mens kyorugi 63 kilograms, womens kyorugi 46 kilograms, and womens kyorugi 53 kilograms.(*)
- Asian Games 2018 to have 40 sports 20 minutes ago
- Indonesia still eyeing top 10 ranking in Asian Games: Kalla 10 hours ago
- Just Kalla witnesses signing of Asian Games 2018 sponsorship agreement 15 hours ago
- Indonesia optimistic of reaching Asian Games target: KONI 20th October 2017
- Indonesia, OCA agree on amendments to contract for Asian Games 2018 16th October 2017
- Minister offers condolences on the death of goal keeper 16th October 2017
- Bali rugby tournament unaffected by Mount Agung`s activity: Organizer 9th October 2017
- Vice president submits bonuses to outstanding athletes 6th October 2017