4.2-magnitude quake hits Aceh Singkil
4.2-magnitude quake hits Aceh Singkil 23 minutes ago | 151 Views Illustration earth quake (ANTARA FOTO/Maril Gafur) Singkil, Aceh (ANTARA News) - An earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale hit Aceh Singkil district on Tuesday morning, according to the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG).
The epicenter of the quake, which struck at 07.27 a.m. local time was located in the sea 23 kilometers southwest of Aceh Singkil at a depth of 15 kilometers, Chief of the BMKG Office in Sabang, Siswanto said.
"The 4.2-magnitude earthquake in Aceh Singkil did not have the potential to trigger a tsunami. We call on the public not to be restl ess and easily incited by hoax," he said.
- 4.2-magnitude quake hits Aceh Singkil 23 minutes ago
- Jet blast at Ahmad Yani Airport injures one 8 hours ago
- Magnitude 6.0 earthquake jolts Mentawai Islands 8 hours ago
- Ministries, police uncover illegal fishing network, seize bombs and seeds 17 hours ago
- Central Java succeeds in reducing pregnant women death rate 18 hours ago
- 22 Indonesian soldiers promoted for UN peace missions in Congo 18 hours ago
- Indonesian military should strengthen cyber defense: Expert 19 hours ago
- Digital technology changes lifestyle: Jokowi 19 hours ago