Police`s anti-terror squad investigates suspected terrorist
Police`s anti-terror squad investigates suspected terrorist just now | 0 Views Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The National Polices Densus 88 anti-terrorism squad is still investigating a suspected terrorist who was arrested near Cakrabhuwana Airport in West Javas Cirebon City on Monday (Sept 18).
"The investigators have 7x24 hours to decide whether the person is really a terror suspect or not. If he is a terror suspect, then he will be interrogated and if not, he will be released," Chief of the Public Relations Division at the National Police, Inspector General Setyo Wasisto, stated here on Tuesday.
Based on preliminary investigation, the terror suspect, identified by his initials as IM, is a resident of Burujul Wetan village, Jatiwangi sub-district, Majalengka district, West Java, he noted.
The Densus 88 made t he arrest as part of the effort to ensure security during President Joko Widodos visit to Cirebon, he remarked.
"This is the result of the investigation conducted by the Densus 88 prior to Widodo's visit to Cirebon. It turns out that (the Densus) is suspicious of one person," he explained.
The Densus arrested IM, who carried a bag, on Monday at around 02.00 p.m. near the airport after they were suspicious of his behavior.
"The Densus seized a bag from IM," he revealed. (*)
- Police`s anti-terror squad investigates suspected terrorist just now
- Marsudi gathers support for Indonesia`s bid for UNSC`s non-permanent seat 1 minute ago
- Indonesia, Samoa agree to strengthen cooperation among PIF countries 50 minutes ago
- Indonesia supports efforts to restore community life in Caribbean Islands 1 hour ago
- Indonesia, Croatia a gree to strengthen economic cooperation 1 hour ago
- Floods submerge over one thousand homes in Sintang, West Kalimantan 1 hour ago
- President receives WIPO director general 1 hour ago
- Indonesia, Namibia agree to enhance bilateral trade cooperation 2 hours ago