UAE cabinet meets amid 1.5 million titles at Sharjah Book Fair
UAE cabinet meets amid 1.5 million titles at Sharjah Book Fair 24 minutes ago | 74 Views During the UAE Cabinet Meeting at Sharjah International Book Fair 2017 (Photo: Dubai Government Media Office) (Antara/BUSINESS WIRE) Culture at the Core of the UAEâs Nation-building Efforts
SHARJAH, United Arab Emirates--(Antara/BUSINESS WIRE)-- A lot becomes evident about the cultural values of a nation and the leadershipâs vision for its people when a mass book fair transforms into a venue for high-level discussions. In what became the first-ever event of its kind in the world, the UAE Cabinet member s left their offices to hold a meeting amid 1.5 million titles, thousands of school and university students, and lovers of literature at the 36th Sharjah International Book Fair â" now the third largest in the world.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171109005593/en/
Presided over by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai, the meeting at the Sharjah International Book Fair venue clearly reflected not just SIBFâs importance as a prestigious platform that inspires discussions of national interest, but the UAEâs recognition of the fact that culture is an industry that will build the worldâs future.
The meetingâs underlying theme was in set in continuing efforts to give the UAEâs people, recognised time and again by the leadership as the nationâs most valuable assets, fulfilling lives by building a knowledge-b ased society where generations can thrive in an environment enriched by books, culture, literature, and arts.
Staying true to tradition, the current edition of SIBF has broken its previous visitation records by attracting 728,000 in the first five days. The fair continues until Saturday, 11 November, and has an itinerary packed with 393 authors, intellectuals, and artists from 48 countries partaking in over 2,600 activities.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171109005593/en/
National Network Communications (NNC)
Mob: +971 52 617 2111
- UAE cabinet meets amid 1.5 million titles at Sharjah Book Fair 24 minutes ago
- NTT Communications named Best Global Wholesale Carrier (Data) and Best North American Wholesale Carrier at Global Carrier Awards 2017 3 hours ago
- LEGOÂ® Education brings STEAM learning to preschool classrooms 8th November 2017
- Hitachi Koki announces brand name change to "HiKOKI" 8th November 2017
- Tiens holds 22nd anniversary celebration in New Delhi 7th November 2017
- Tiens Group selected into China's National Brand Publicity Project 6th November 2017
- MHPS ships two gas turbines for 880 MW class Indonesian GTCC power generation system 3rd November 2017
- PMC Group International announces acquisition of Pharma Company in India 2nd November 2017