P&Gâs citizenship efforts â" A force for good and a force for growth
P&Gâs citizenship efforts â" A force for good and a force for growth 3 minutes ago | 47 Views
CINCINNATI--(Antara/BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE:PG) today released its 2017 Citizenship Report, detailing progress in improving social conditions for those in need, advancing Diversity & Inclusion, building a world free from gender bias inside and outside the Company and reducing its environmental footprint. As P&G operates in about 70 countries and serves nearly 5 billion people, the Company leverages its brands and people to make the world a better place throug h its Citizenship efforts.
âOur Citizenship efforts are a win-win opportunity for our business, for our communities, and, more broadly, for our society,â said David Taylor, P&Gâs Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer. âConsumers care about the company behind the brands they purchase and use. They want to know that the products they are buying come from a trusted source, and weâre working to build on that trust every single day.â
P&G published a sustainability report annually since 1999 but expanded it beginning in 2016 to include a more comprehensive overview of the Companyâs citizenship priorities. From supporting more than 20 disasters with product donations and services, to sparking conversations about gender and racial bias, to pioneering the worldâs first recyclable shampoo bottle made with beach p lastic, the stories and examples in P&Gâs 2017 Citizenship report demonstrate that innovative citizenship can have significant positive impact on the world and on its business.
Highlights of the P&G 2017 Citizenship Report include:
- Community Impact: P&G delivered its 12 billionth liter of clean drinking water in 2017 through the P&Gâs Childrenâs Safe Drinking Water Program, and aims to deliver 15 billion by 2020. P&Gâs Pampers brand partnered with Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) nurses to design and introduce the first diaper for preemies â" the Pampers Preemie Swaddlers Size P-3 diaper. In addition, P&G provided support in response to more than 20 natural disasters around the world.
- Diversity & Inclusion: P&G joined the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. P&G also sponsored the 37th National Veterans Wheelchair Games in its hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio, to empower more than 550 veterans to live more active and healthy lives.
- Gender Equality: In conjunction with International Womenâs Day 2017, P&G launched the #WeSeeEqual video, which has been viewed millions of times in 180 countries. P&G joined the ANA #SeeHer movement and the UN Women Unstereotype Alliance to focus on eliminating stereotypes and accurately portraying women and girls in advertising. Over the last fiscal year, P&G spent more than $1 billion with women-owned businesses in the United States through its Supplier Diversity program, expanding the program into all five global regions.
- Environment al Responsibility: P&G opened a biomass facility in Albany, Ga., that produces 100 percent of the steam and a significant portion of the total energy used to make Bounty and Charmin products at that manufacturing plant, an achievement that will help reach the Companyâs goal of using 30 percent renewable energy by 2020. P&G scientists invented a technology that has the potential to revolutionize the plastics recycling industry allowing polypropylene plastics to be recycled into nearly new condition. As part of P&Gâs commitment to send zero manufacturing waste to landfill from all its global manufacturing sites by 2020, more than 70 percent of its sites in 23 countries have now achieved this status.
The Executive Summary of the report, as well as a detailed version, can be viewed here.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including AlwaysÂ®, Ambi PurÂ®, ArielÂ®, BountyÂ®, CharminÂ®, CrestÂ®, DawnÂ®, DownyÂ®, FairyÂ®, FebrezeÂ®, GainÂ®, GilletteÂ®, Head & ShouldersÂ®, LenorÂ®, OlayÂ®, Oral-BÂ®, PampersÂ®, PanteneÂ®, SK-IIÂ®, TideÂ®, VicksÂ®, and WhisperÂ®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://ww.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171031005437/en/
Procter & Gamble
Damon Jones â" 513-983-0190
Julie deSylva â" 513-780-0006
Source: The Procter & Gamble Company
- P&Gâs citizenship efforts â" A force for good and a force for growth 3 minutes ago
- 4th New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival 2017 slated for Nov. 2-5 3 hours ago
- Daiwa House finalizes outline of DMLP Phase I -- 2, large-scale multi-tenancy logistics facility, in Indonesia 3 hours ago
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo hosts Japanese chopsticks exhibition 4 hours ago
- EMQ and QFPay join forces to boost merchant settlement across Indonesia 22 hours ago
- Fast-moving consumer goods company PT. Kino Indonesia Tbk. chooses DSI's Cloud Inventoryâ¢ solution to achieve inventory visibility across their extended supply chain 1st November 2017
- SAISON INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Integrating on- premises and cloud: a success story 31st October 2017
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation launches new surface-mount brushed motor driver IC 31st October 2017