Jokowi inaugurates shrimp ponds to boost local economy
Jokowi inaugurates shrimp ponds to boost local economy 30 minutes ago | 154 Views Cikarang, Bekasi, W Java (ANTARA News) - President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has inaugurated the construction of 17 hectares of shrimp ponds in Muaragembong Sub-district, Bekasi District of West Java, to boost local economy.
"We will construct the ponds as an effort to boost the economic condition of the farmers, including the cultivators of tiger shrimp and vaname shrimp," the president said here on Wednesday.
The small, medium enterprises program developed by the state enterprise, in cooperation with the Indonesian government, is aimed to improve the economic condition of the farmers.
The program will utilize the technology system to increase shrimp harvest in ponds.
By implementing the technology system, the farmers can obtain a harvest of about five tons of shrimps per three months.
The technology system will utilize the automatic timer and three-water distillation canals, which can be managed through smartphones.
The president hoped that by implementing the technology, the farmers can obtain more yields from their shrimp ponds.
"The farmers usually harvest 3 kilograms of shrimps in three months. However, by implementing the technology innovation, they can obtain about 3 to 5 tons of shrimps per three months," Jokowi added.
The price of shrimps is from Rp60 thousand to Rp125 thousand per kilogram. Jokowi remarked that the system can improve the farmers revenue and their ease in getting loans from banks.
The shrimp farmers can cultivate shrimps from their ponds by December 2017. (*)
- Jokowi inaugurates shrimp ponds to boost local economy 30 minutes ago
- Tanjung Priok to serve as model for port efficiency 33 minutes ago
- Indonesia`s inflation eases to 0.01 percent in Oct 41 minutes ago
- Jokowi wants much better rating in ease of doing business 1 hour ago
- Indonesia`s ease of doing business index rises to 72 1 hour ago
- Bank Muamalat grows 30 percent a year 12 hours ago
- Fintech is a form of economic revolution: Academic 12 hours ago
- 100 Indonesia`s major cooperatives documented in a book 31st October 2017