Economic growth prospect to be better in Q4: BI
Economic growth prospect to be better in Q4: BI 2 minutes ago | 17 Views Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The prospect of Indonesias economic growth would be better in the fourth quarter due to increasing price of commodities and improvement in the worlds economy, according to Bank Indonesia (BI).
In its official statement, the central bank stated that investment would also increase in line with increasing exports in the fourth quarter due to acceleration of economic structural reform and conducive investment climate.
"The relaxation of monetary policy is expected to boost the momentum of economic growth," the banks head of communications department, Agusman, revealed.
He admitted that in the third quarter, growth of household consumption had been slower than in the previous quarter, but there has been an improvement in the go vernments consumption, exports, and investment.
"Improvement in the export performance is driven by improvement in the price of commodities, such as crude palm oil and coal, as well as improvement in the worlds economy," he explained.
Based on Central Bureau of Statistics data, household consumption in the third quarter of 2017 grew 4.93 percent, a bit slower than in the second quarter, which was at 4.95 percent.
Agusman revealed that investment grew the highest since the first quarter of 2013, driven by investment in construction and non-construction sectors.
"Construction investment grew high due to infrastructure development, while non-construction investment grew high because of purchase of machineries and equipment," he pointed out.
The central bank considered the realization of 5.06 percent economic growth in the third quarter of 2017 to be better than in the previous quarter and also the same period last year.
Referring to BIs previ ous statement, realization of economic growth at 5.06 year-on-year in the third quarter of 2017 was lower than the banks expectation at 5.1-5.2 percent.(*)
- Economic growth prospect to be better in Q4: BI 2 minutes ago
- Indonesia ready for trade war in vegetable oil industry 3rd November 2017
- Indonesia hopes new Fed chief would have good communication skills 3rd November 2017
- Pertamina posts profit of US$1.99 billion 3rd November 2017
- US ambassador criticizes Indonesia`s import restrictions on agricultural products 2nd November 2017
- BI revises down credit growth target for 2017 2nd November 2017
- Jokowi inaugurates shrimp ponds to boost local economy 1st November 2017
- Tanjung Priok to serve as model for port efficiency 1st November 2017