Welding sparks triggered blaze in Tangerang's fireworks factory
Welding sparks triggered blaze in Tangerang's fireworks factory 6 minutes ago | 50 Views Aerial view of fireworks factory that blasted and burnt away yesterday in Kosambi, Banten Province. 47 people lost their lifes at that accident. (ANTARA FOTO/Wahyu Putro) Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Sparks arising from a welding work are believed to have triggered a blaze in a fireworks factory in Kosambi, Tangerang, Banten Province, recently that claimed 47 lives and wounded 46 others, according to the police.
"Based on the results of forensic laboratory tests, the cause of the fire was sparks from wel ding," spokesman of the Jakarta Metropolitan Police, Senior Police Commissioner Argo Yuwono, revealed here on Saturday. The distance of the fireworks factory to central of Jakarta is about 25 kilometres away.
He said the police had questioned witnesses and conducted an on-field investigation, and the results indicated that sparks arising from welding, carried out by Suparna Ega, had flown toward the fireworks, triggering a fire and explosion.
Senior Police Commissioner Nico Afinta, the director of criminal investigation, said Andria Hartanto, the director of operations of PT Panca Buana Cahaya Sukses, the fireworks company, had ordered Ego to conduct welding.
"The welding should have been carried out after work hours," he pointed out.
The police have named Indra Liyono, the factorys owner, as well as Hartanto and Ega as suspects in connection with the incident.
Liyono and Hartanto have been detained, but the whereabouts of Ega are still unknown
- Welding sparks triggered blaze in Tangerang's fireworks factory 6 minutes ago
- Foreign lawyers not allowed to open offices in Indonesia 14 minutes ago
- Jakarta police seize 83.1 kg methamphetamine smuggled from Taiwan 2 hours ago
- President Jokowi calls on youth to work in agriculture sector 2 hours ago
- One dead, one injured in landslide in Purworejo, Central Java 2 hours ago
- Surabaya mayor to speak at UN forum 6 hours ago
- Fukuda praises infrastructure development progress under Jokowi 13 hours ago
- Police question seven witnesses in fatal fireworks explosion 27th October 2017