President Jokowi receives delegation of Olympic Council of Asia
President Jokowi receives delegation of Olympic Council of Asia 22 minutes ago | 128 Views President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) and Vice President M Jusuf Kalla received a delegation of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) led by OCA President Sheikh Fahad Al-Sabah in Merdeka Palace. (ANTARA News/Agus Salim) Jakarta (ANTARA News)- President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) and Vice President M Jusuf Kalla received a delegation of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) led by OCA President Sheikh Fahad Al-Sabah in Merdeka Palace, here, Monday.
Coordinating Minister for Culture and Human Development Puan Maharani, Sports and Youth Minister Imam Nachrawi, and Indonesias Olympic Committee Chairman Erick Tohir accompanied the President during the meeting with the OCA delegation.
Indonesia will host the 18th Asian Games, a regional sporting event for Asian nations, in Palembang, South Sumatra, and Jakarta simultaneously from August 18 to September 2, 2018.
Thousands of athletes from 54 countries are expected to participate in the games.
This will be the second time that Indonesia will host the Asian Games, with the first one being held in Jakarta in 1962, under President Soekarno.
The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) is the apex sporting body which controls all the sports in Asia. It is one of the five continental associations recognized by the IOC.
The OCA was formed in 1982 and has its permanent headquarters in Kuwait.
The main objective of the OCA is to develop sport, culture and education of Asian youth as well as to promote international respect, friendsh ip, goodwill and peace through sports.
reported by Agus Salim (f001)
- President Jokowi receives delegation of Olympic Council of Asia 22 minutes ago
- Four million people in West Java still below poverty line 5 hours ago
- Saiful Hadi, former ANTARA News Agency president director passes away 5 hours ago
- Sinabung refugees to be relocated by end of 2018: President 15th October 2017
- Two Indonesians granted pardon in Saudi 15th October 2017
- Gerindra to ask Prabowo to run for president: Secretary general 15th October 2017
- Mt Agung`s emergency status extended until Oct 26 15th October 2017
- Difficult to predict when Mount Sinabung will stop erupting: President 15th October 2017