Police shoot suspected drug trafficker
Police shoot suspected drug trafficker just now | 0 Views Banjarmasin, S Kalimantan (ANTARA News) - Police in South Kalimantan province have shot a suspected drug trafficker and seized half a kilogram of crystal meth from him.
"The perpetrator tried to run away during a raid, forcing us to shoot him on his foot," chief of the sub-directorate I of the drug detective directorate of the South Kalimantan provincial police, Commissioner Ugeng Sudia Pernama, stated here on Monday.
The 38-year-old suspect, identified by his initials as MH alias H, was arrested at 07.30 p.m. local time on Oct 13 after a police officer, who pretended to be a buyer, seized five packages of crystal meth weighing 504.4 grams.
The suspect is charged with violating article 114 paragraph (2) and sub-article 112 paragraph (2) of Law No. 35/2009 concerning nar cotics.
If found guilty, the suspect could be sentenced to up to 20 years or to death.
The police shot the suspect after receiving instructions from the director of the drug detective unit of the South Kalimantan provincial police, Senior Commissioner Muhammad Firman.
Earlier, the police also arrested other suspect, identified by his initials as AS alias D (36), for allegedly trafficking almost 300 grams of crystal meth. (*)
- Police shoot suspected drug trafficker just now
- Indonesia lauds Philippines military for executing Marawi`s ISIS leaders 2 hours ago
- President Jokowi inaugurates Baswedan, Uno as Jakarta governor, vice governor 10 hours ago
- Jokowi receives President Issoufou of Niger 13 hours ago
- President Jokowi receives delegation of Olympic Council of Asia 21 hours ago
- Four million people in West Java still below poverty li ne 16th October 2017
- Saiful Hadi, former ANTARA News Agency president director passes away 16th October 2017
- Sinabung refugees to be relocated by end of 2018: President 15th October 2017