Perppu on mass organization abides by constitution: VP
Perppu on mass organization abides by constitution: VP 1 minute ago | 39 Views Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Vice President Jusuf Kalla has stressed that the issuance of government regulation in lieu of law (Perppu) no. 2/2017 on mass organization abides by the countrys Constitution.
"Basically, under the previous law, the government would have to bring the case to the court before it can dissolve it (a mass organization). But under Perppu, the government can dissolve the organization, and those who disagree could then bring the case to the court," Kalla stated here on Wednesday.
The vice president made his statement while responding to controversies over the issuance of Perppu on mass organization and accusation that the government has been repressive.
"Let us say we disband Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia (HTI), and t hen they bring the case to the court. If the court says the disbanding is illegal, it will not be continued. Basically, justice still prevails," he reiterated.
HTI was disbanded by the Legal and Human Rights Affairs Ministry on July 19, and under the Perppu, the organization has filed a judicial review with the Constitutional Court.
However, the parliament has passed the Perppu into law in its plenary session on Tuesday, and it has automatically aborted the judicial review demand.
Kalla stressed that the government has never acted arbitrarily, as they have always worked under the constitution.
"Not at all, the government did not act like a dictator, because we have a legal institution to abolish it," he added.
The parliament has passed the Perppu into law after an open voting, with 445 legislators participating in the voting.
As many as 314 legislators from seven factions have agreed, and 131 legislators from three factions, namely Gerindra, Na tional Mandate Party, and Prosperous Justice Party, have disagreed with the Perppu.(*)
- Perppu on mass organization abides by constitution: VP 1 minute ago
- Government accelerates development of West Papua trans road 13 hours ago
- Indonesia to establish research center for human evolution 13 hours ago
- President praises Tulungagung district for proper use of village fund 13 hours ago
- Telemedicine program to be applied in Papua 21 hours ago
- 28 million Indonesian women experience various forms of violence 21 hours ago
- Foreign minister emphasizes ASEAN`s importance for Indonesia 21 hours ago
- Russia offers to build sky way in West Java 21 hours ago