Oil and gas industry leaders invest in Solidia Technologiesâ sustainable cement and concrete innovations
Oil and gas industry leaders invest in Solidia Technologiesâ sustainable cement and concrete innovations 45 seconds ago | 21 Views Solidia Concreteâ¢ pavers (Antara/BUSINESS WIRE) Investment will aid in reducing greenhouse gas emissions by bringing technology to market
PISCATAWAY, N.J.--(Antara/BUSINESS WIRE)-- Solidia TechnologiesÂ® announced today that OGCI Climate Investments has made in an investment in the company to su pport the adoption of Solidiaâs patented cement and concrete technology using CO2.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171027005175/en/
The Oil and Gas Climate Initiative (OGCI) is a CEO-led initiative of ten oil and gas companies that collaborate on action to lead the industry response to climate change. OGCI Climate Investments, its billion dollar investment arm, supports the development, deployment and scale up of new technologies that will significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
âWe believe that Solidia Technologiesâ product and process can provide a step change in lowering the greenhouse gas and water footprint of the cement and concrete industry,â said OGCI Climate Investments CEO Dr. Pratima Rangarajan. âWe are committed to help ing them commercialize on a global scale to increase the adoption of their carbon recycling technology.â
Solidiaâs technologies start with sustainable Solidia Cementâ¢ and cure Solidia Concreteâ¢ with CO2 instead of water, reducing carbon emissions up to 70% and recycling 60-80% of the water used in production. Targeting the estimated US$1 trillion concrete and US$300 billion cement markets, Solidiaâs processes offer manufacturers significant cost savings based on faster curing times, lower energy and raw material consumption, reduced waste generation, and reduced labor requirements.
âBringing a sustainable technology to market is impossible without support from investors like OGCI Climate Investments,â said Solidia CEO and President Tom Schuler. âItâs admirable that leaders in oil and gas have come together to address climate change. Their commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions through funding ground-breaking solutions will speed adoption.â
Solidiaâs investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Bright Capital, BASF, BP, LafargeHolcim, Total Energy Ventures and Bill Joy.
Follow Solidia at www.solidiatech.com and on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter: @SolidiaCO2.
The Oil and Gas Climate Initiative is a CEO-led initiative which aims to show sector leadership in the response to climate change. OGCI is made up of ten oil and gas companies that collaborate on action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. OGCI Climate Investments (OGCI CI) will invest $1 billion dollars over ten years to support start-ups and help develop technologies with t he potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions significantly. Please visit www.oilandgasclimateinitiative.com/.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171027005175/en/
Source: Solidia Technologies
- Oil and gas industry leaders invest in Solidia Technologiesâ sustainable cement and concrete innovations 46 seconds ago
- Shiseido announces agreement to sell Zotos to Henkel 27th October 2017
- Tata Starbucks reaffirms growth in India with entry into Kolkata in 2018 and commitment to social impact programs 26th October 2017
- Pertamina EP commited to securing Indonesia's energy demand 24th October 2017
- OVO to accelerate success of Lippo Group's diverse businesses through Deep Business Analytics using Kinetica and NVIDIA technology 24th October 2017
- Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad signs agreement to implement Kamakura Corporation suite of solutions for asset & liabilities management, funds transfer pricing and liquidity management 24th October 2017
- Quality infrastructure development contributes to Myanmar's sustainable economic growth 24th October 2017
- New name, world of opportunity: DOWSILâ¢ product brand name announced for heritage Dow Corning high-performance silicone building products 19th October 2017