Jet blast at Ahmad Yani Airport injures one
Jet blast at Ahmad Yani Airport injures one 6 minutes ago | 50 Views Semarang, C Java (ANTARA News) - One person was reportedly injured as a powerful jet blast blew up a passenger stairs at Ahmad Yani Airport in Semarang, Central Java, on Monday.
Hidya Ramadhina, spokesperson of the airport authority PT Angkasa Pura I of Ahmad Yani Airport, confirmed here on Monday that one person was injured in the accident but did not disclose the identity of the injured.
"One person was injured and has been taken to the hospital," Ramadhina stated.
The airport authority is gathering data and investigating the incident.
However, Ramadhina revealed that the accident was caused by an engine blast in Garuda Indonesias airplane GA 365 from Surabaya to Semarang.
A passenger stairs at stand 3 of the parking area was destroyed due to t he blast in the engine of Garuda Indonesias aircraft, Ramadhina remarked.
The accident did not disrupt the operation of Ahmad Yani Airport.(*)
- Jet blast at Ahmad Yani Airport injures one 6 minutes ago
- Magnitude 6.0 earthquake jolts Mentawai Islands 11 minutes ago
- Ministries, police uncover illegal fishing network, seize bombs and seeds 9 hours ago
- Central Java succeeds in reducing pregnant women death rate 9 hours ago
- 22 Indonesian soldiers promoted for UN peace missions in Congo 10 hours ago
- Indonesian military should strengthen cyber defense: Expert 10 hours ago
- Digital technology changes lifestyle: Jokowi 10 hours ago
- President urges police to stay abreast of developments in it 10 hours ago