Two Rafflesia flowers bloom in Central Bengkulu
Two Rafflesia flowers bloom in Central Bengkulu 1 minute ago | 41 Views A documentation of a Rafflesia Flowers with Amorphallus Paeoniifoluis type blooms in the yard of a local resident of Pungki Village, Kaway XVI District, West Aceh, Aceh, Friday (8/9/2017). (ANTARA PHOTO/Syifa Yulinnas) Bengkulu (ANTARA News) - Two flowers of the protected rare Rafflesia Arnoldii species have bloomed at different locations of Central Bengkulus protected forest.
"One of them is already in bloom since four days, and the other has just reached its final form today," Ibnu Hajar of the rafflesia habitat manage ment noted in Bengkulu on Monday.
The first flower has bloomed at a location that is 42 kilometers from Bengkulu City, some 50 meters from the road connecting Bengkulu and South Sumatra Province.
The other flower has blossomed at a location that is 47 kilometers from Bengkulu City, some 20 meters from the main road.
"We have already put up the sign on various banners informing people keen on witnessing the uniqueness of the floral species," he stated.
The Rafflesia flowers will be in full bloom for the next four days.
Hajar said the Rafflesia Arnoldii habitat around the Taba Penanjung forest can boost the local tourism.
Furthermore, the forest habitat at the side of the inter-province main road will make it easier for people to access the location.
- Two Rafflesia flowers bloom in Central Bengkulu 1 minute ago
- Surabaya City calls on residents not to burn trash during dry season 23rd September 2017
- Indonesia on rhino emergency status 23rd September 2017
- Maritime sector can overcome impact of drought: Activist 22nd September 2017
- Indonesia to receive two Chinese giant pandas next week 22nd September 2017
- More than 120 birds dead at Suncor-owned Canada oil sands mine 20th September 2017
- 25 leopards estimated to be living in Gunung Gede Pangrango 15th September 2017
- RI-New Zealand co-chair summit on plastic waste in ocean 7th September 2017