RI police initiates ASEAN cyber patrol
RI police initiates ASEAN cyber patrol 19 minutes ago | 151 Views Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian Police Deputy Chief Commissioner General Syafruddin, has initiated the establishment of a special unit on cyber patrol to prevent radicalism and violent extremism in ASEAN countries.
"We have established a cooperation for monitoring terrorist groups or network," Syafruddin said in a statement here on Tuesday.
The initiative was introduced during the 11th ASEAN ministerial meeting on transnational crime (AMMTC), which is being held from Sept 18 to 21, in the Philippines.
In addition to the cyber patrol, the cooperation would also include the exchange of intelligence on terrorist and radical groups.
Syafruddin noted that the cyber patrol is expected to provide early warning on terrorist activity in the internet.
Durin g the meeting, he also elaborated persuasive as well as firm approaches against radical groups and extremism in accordance with the UN global strategy to counter terrorism.
Indonesia has implemented a plan of action to counter violent extremism through deradicalization, counter deradicalization, law enforcement, and national law reinforcement, as well as international partnership and cooperation.
Indonesia held a series of trilateral meeting with Malaysia and the Philippines in Manila in June, and subregional ministerial meeting in North Sulawesis city of Manado in July, as part of efforts for the cooperation to counter violent extremism.
According to Syafruddin, radicalism could appear in a country with weak and unstable governance system. Therefore, he called on countries to strengthen their economy. (*)
- RI police initiates ASEAN cyber patrol 19 minutes ago
- Sk ytrain, airport train to be integrated before year-end 1 hour ago
- Massive meth seizure of 133 kilograms reported in Aceh 1 hour ago
- Police`s anti-terror squad investigates suspected terrorist 1 hour ago
- Marsudi gathers support for Indonesia`s bid for UNSC`s non-permanent seat 1 hour ago
- Indonesia, Samoa agree to strengthen cooperation among PIF countries 2 hours ago
- Indonesia supports efforts to restore community life in Caribbean Islands 2 hours ago
- Indonesia, Croatia agree to strengthen economic cooperation 2 hours ago